Commercial mortgage help Cumbria
If you are looking for commercial mortgage help, you’ve come to the right place. Whilst we are not specialist commercial mortgage advisers ourselves, we can refer you to any one of four UK-based specialist providers of commercial finance.
Please do let us know your requirements and we can quickly direct you to the right commercial mortgage team to help you secure your property.
If you are considering purchasing a commercial property in Cumbria, there are some things that you need to know:
- Commercial mortgages can only be secured on properties that are not your residence or a buy to let property
- Because all commercial premises are different (see below for the types of property our referral companies can help you with), loans are assessed individually
- Risk is the biggest factor in commercial mortgage pricing
- Some lenders have a minimum lending threshold (often £75k) due to the admin cost of taking security against the loan
- You may only be able to access a variable rate, which takes account of the risk level – larger, low risk loans attract the best interest rates
- The property may be the only security required for the loan (typically 70% of the property value), with a cash deposit making up the balance of the purchase price
- The term of a commercial mortgage can be much shorter than that of a standard mortgage – 3 to 25 years is the norm
- Arrangement fees are typically 1-2% of the loan value (up to £1m)
Our commercial partners are whole of market and NACFB members, giving you access to the best deals. Here’s a list of the types of property in and around the Kendal area for which they can help you apply for a commercial mortgage: offices, shops, restaurants, pubs, industrial units, care homes, dental practices, farms, hotels, bed and breakfasts, and many more.Get in touch
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
We are unable to provide advice on secured loans, bridging finance or commercial lending but if you require advice in any of these areas, we can put you in touch with a specialist firm.